Today i have had the strongest feelings about my Uncle. He is such an inspiration in my life. He is always there for me when i need anything. I count on this man to be there for me whenever i need anything and he has never let me or my family down. Let me tell you a little about this Rock.He had an older brother who would pester him and pick on him, to the point of him not liking his brother. But as they grew older, he realized how much he loved his older brother. They were not only brothers, they were friends.
As the years went on, there were life changing events that brought these two brothers even closer. One in particular that changed many lives. When this life changing event happened, the older brother told the younger brother to take care of his family. And what a job that has been. He has not only been there to take care of his family, but he turned into my rock.
This man has always been a second dad to me and i never even realized it until a few years ago. This rock has gotten me through some very tough times. Times when i thought i could not go on. I don't even think he knows how much he has honestly helped me. He would call me when i was at my lowest point and I don't know how he knew, but he knew that i needed to talk to him. He is just good like that.
Anyone can count on this man. His kids can always count on him. His wife, his parents, his siblings, extended family and anyone he has met. I have never heard a bad word spoken about this man.
He has had some hard trials in his life especially the last couple years. But he has been the one who is there for everyone to go to. That is why he is the rock. I know that he will always be there no matter the storm. I bet he has felt like he is not the rock. But that is what makes him one. Because he is always there. He never goes away. He is always there. And i Love him dearly for that!!
You have been in my heart so much today. I'm not sure why, but i have felt that i needed to put these words down. I am grateful for everything that you have done for me and my family. You have been thrown into some big shoes. But there is no one else that can stand in them the way that you do. You are not meant to "fill" his shoes. You are just there to keep them grounded. Just know, you are loved by so many people in this world and by those in Heaven. God only gives you what you can handle. And you must be a very strong person to handle us :)
I love you very much! Thanks for always being there!
Love you,
Kristi

3 comments:
You Described my sweet brother perfectly.
It's easy to do with such a great example :)
Thanks Kristi - that really means a lot to me, I feel like a big plop of messy oatmeal right now. I love you too, and think of you as my little girl and little sister. Love you!
Post a Comment