Monday, April 14, 2008

All fun and games till...


Well usually my job is pretty standard. It's mostly just making sure my tools and computers are working which most of the time it is. But every once in a while you will run into some head scratching problems that make me wonder what the &*$% is going on?


I recently, in the last couple days, have had (still have) one of those problems. I did everything I was trained to do to troubleshoot this problem and it was making my feet sweat! Yes it was weird, but I was getting so flustered about it that my feet would get cold and clammy. When I get that I know that's a sign that I am in a pickle. I would stay up extra late at night just to make sure the tool still did what it needed to do. Luckily we only needed it once in a while. I would go on to explain how the tool works, but I really don't have the time and I'm sure you would be pretty bored by then. So let's just say that I only need to use the tool every hour or so instead of constantly. That takes a lot of pressure and stress off of me, but still it's there. Well I finally sucked it up and called my half boss, Russ. Half boss because he isn't the head honcho, but he fills in for him and has a lot more training that most of us combined. He's one of those guys that went to all the training, but still hasn't run a rig for a long time, so he has book experience, just not too much field experience...hence, half boss. So I explained to him what was going on and the first thing he asked me was a question about when I put the tool together. Well as usual it made sense what he said and I wished that I would've thought of that before I called him. So now I got this thing narrowed down to one of three things...or possibility of a combination of the three. So to make a long boring story short, my stress level went down a couple levels with the newly attained knowledge that I just received. Let's just hope it makes it a little further so we don't have to come out of the hole for my stuff.

3 comments:

Brady & Chelsey said...

THANK YOU!! I am VERY lucky!! Well you guys are stuck with me now!! :D I am really excited! And i just love all of you guys and i am excited to be a part of the family!! Thanks about my ring! He picked it out!! He did GOOD!! I love it! It is beautiful!! :)

Brady & Chelsey said...

Brady is crying at that comment you made on my blog!! :) LOL

Anonymous said...

Im not crying! I had something in my eye! :-) LOL Sucks when the tool decides it wont work huh! Well im Glad that Seamon Russ helped you out! :D OK bye