I have known Murry for about 15 years. I knew him for about 8 years before his big accident. In those 8 years I found him to be a very loving and understanding man. He was the kind of person that you could sit down and talk to about anything. He has seen me and my highs and also my lows. I have never seen him pass judgement on anything that I have done. Yet he is the first person to brag about me when he has seen me do something good. If you ever had the chance to sit down and talk with him for even 5 minutes, you know in your heart that this person was raised with great values. Unfortunately he was also a busy man during the first 8 years I knew him. He was always headed out to Thiokol or to go drive a truck for Jardine. It was a non stop pace where he would usually come home only to get about 4 hours of sleep and get up and going again for the long day of driving or working night shift. His dedication to work work work finally caught up to him one day. I believe God sent him a message on February 1, 2002. Murry lost sight of what is important in life. He spent so much time trying to make money that he forgot that money isn't what life was about. So pretty much God told him (and made him) slow down. But an amazing thing happened after that day. Murry crossed over and met his grand parents who he cherished very much. They told him that it's not his time yet. So they sent him back to us to finish what he needed to.
I believe he was reborn that day. Ever since then he always had some kind of a reminder of the accident. He had pains and couldn't walk normal anymore. But he fought through it and looked at life in a whole new meaning. He spent more time with us now. He was there to talk to when you needed to talk. But he didn't let his disabilities stop him there. He learned to get up and go help other people if they needed help. He dedicated his life to serve humanity and be a son to his parents, a husband to his wife, a father to his children and a Papa to his grand children. He served the Lord, his family and his friends. Everything he did was to the extreme. Christmas lights took a whole new meaning. Four wheeling took a new meaning. Helping took a new meaning. Loving took a new meaning. For those last few short years he turned out to be one of the most amazing men I have ever met in my life. For that I am very proud to be a part of his life. And for that, I believe that we were given almost 7 more years with him. I know his time to pass on was Feb 1. God gave us almost 7 extra years of life and wonderful memories. God must like the number 7. God, thank you for all your blessings, even the hidden ones. We love you Dad, till we meet again.

1 comment:
What a great tribute! In a way the wreck was a blessing! I am glad i got what time i did with him!! He will always be remembered! And he will live on in us!! His FAMILY!!
Post a Comment