Well work has been really slow lately and as such I have had to take what I can for work locations. This month they sent me further than any other job I have been to so far. The farthest I went before was a 12 hr drive to North Dakota and I honestly don't miss any of that work out there. It's too far from anything and 12 hrs from the house is just too much. So with all that complaining about too far away from home I guess I have to add this location to that list...West Virginia. I can practically drive to the Pacific in less than half a day from here. Well it's definitely further than a 12 hr drive to North Dakota, but it is only about a 4 hr flight! It hasn't been too bad out this way besides the humidity. I've lived in humid climates before for about 5 years of my army career, but it still takes getting used to.
While I've been out here I did just a little bit of sight seeing. I finally was able to see the original Declaration of Independence which I found really cool. It has really faded a lot due to the lack of protection it has had before now. One of my ancestors was John Witherspoon the signor. He was one of the men to sign the Declaration! While there I was able to check out other places in DC. One nice thing to have out there would be a bike to get to and from other tourist attractions. It is roughly about 2 miles long and filled with history and lots of stuff to see. I had a good time, but I was only there for the day plus my feet were killing me by the end of the day.
There's not really much else I have seen other than just the towns around where I was staying at, but nothing special to talk about. One nice thing about the East coast is all of the trees that cover almost every square inch of the place. It's beautiful to just look in any direction and see trees. It reminds me a lot of Georgia.

1 comment:
Mike's in DC right now! It's wierd not having you around occasionally. Cool pics.
Post a Comment