Monday, January 21, 2008

Boredom

There's something that this job has given me. It's given me practice with what to do when there is nothing to do. Usually this job isn't so slow, but every now and then we drill kinda slow and it gives me anywhere from 1-6 hours of nothing to do in between my surveys and that's not including times when were are shut down due to rig problems. That could add another 1-24 hours or more of nothing to do. So with that in mind I have gotten fatter, updated on new release dvd's, getting better at Guitar Hero, check my email as soon as it shows up, texting (both cell phone and online), edit digital photos I have taken, read up on my friends stuff on myspace, google my friends (no criminals according to google yet) and that's just a handful of stuff. Oh, but for some reason in between all that time, I thought I would have the time to write a daily blog. I just couldn't think of what to write about yesterday though.

I was going to talk about this guy out here at work that has one of those old raspy voices that people get when they have smoked most of their life. He also makes lots of noises with his breathing, like lots of sighing and those breaths that old guys do when they get themselves up off a couch or something. I never really noticed this until one of the drillers I am working with pointed it out. Now I notice it EVERY time he is nearby LOL. Oh well. Just so you know too, I'm not making fun of old people, but that it is a funny thing how you won't notice things until someone points it out to you. THEN you're telling yourself, I can't believe I never noticed that before!

No comments: