Thursday, January 24, 2008
What happened to cartoons that taught you?
Another slow day out here in Price. So since we were running I decided to see what was on the satellite tv. I was scrolling through the channles and browsed through the cartoons and noticed that there are tons of cartoons for the kids now days. That made me think back to when I'm at home. I would watch the kids watching cartoons like Sponge Bob, Ed Edd and Eddy, cartoons with the Grim Reaper, one with fairy godparents and a whole bunch of other ones. I would sit there and try to watch these cartoons with them. It's hard to watch these cartoons because I can't find anything of value in them. I'm starting to sound like an old mother, I know.
But what ever happened to cartoons that taught you things? How many people remember this line? "And knowing's half the battle!" You got it! GI Joe. School house rock used to teach you about how to understand english, how bills are passed and lots more stuff that I can't recall right now. I remember watching Thundercats and at the end of that show they would always recap about what happened and what should have been done to avoid conflicts. As a matter of fact, He-Man used to do that too! Wow, I am feeling old! I just wish that the more popular cartoons weren't so violent and pointless. I don't think that I can blame the cartoons for any violence that kids do now days, but I can blame them for not helping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
it is so true!! Even when i was a kid we had a lot of those educational cartoons on! None of this talking sponge stuff! its crazy! Kids these days!! why when i was young...... oh wait! i still am!! Ha ha ha. No offence James! ;)
WORD! YUP, I think the only cartoon that I watch is FAMILY GUY ahhaha jp, yeah, you should get the kids to watch some barney you know? I liked power rangers, still do. No but on the real, cartoons are wack nowadays, that's why when your kids get older, they should watch FRESH PRINCE OF BEL AIR and I think you're at the right age to watch it too.
Post a Comment